|Relatives||Michael Buckley (Son)|
|Occupation||Ex-Scientist (Nasa Deep Space Agency) (Fired)|
|Portrayed by||Shantel VanSanten|
|Latest Appearance||Drums of War|
Vera Buckley is a radio-astronomer whose son was kidnapped seven years ago. Vera has struggled since losing her son and is now working for the National Deep Space Agency alongside Alan Harris. Present day, Vera witnesses a mysterious object plummet to Earth in the New Mexico desert. The energy from the impact stops her heart for a few moments. When she wakes she finds she is connected to four strangers and that they have been deemed The Messengers, Angels of the Apocalypse. They must prevent the impending rapture and save mankind. Vera has difficulty accepting the concept of faith after the loss of her son, fighting her destiny.
Vera Buckley is tall and slender. She has long light-brown hair with blonde highlights and blue eyes. Vera usually wears her hair in a ponytail. She has a softly tanned complexion and an athletic but slim build.
- Spirit Walking
- 1.03 Path to Paradise
- 1.01 Awakening and 1.02 Strange Magic - Not appear, due to her not being ready to discover your gift.
- 1.03 Path to Paradise - She runs behind a fugitive who took the piece of meteorite, she passes out and continues running after him like a spirit when she realizes she can go through the door, she discovers his gift.
- 1.04 Drums of War - She uses her gift to try find out who is The Horseman of War, witnessing the Prime Minister's conversation with his wife and Senator Richards with his media aide.
- While her gift is active, her physical body remains dormant and left clinically dead. At least until Vera chooses to have her spirit return into her vessel.
|The Messengers: Season One|
|Pilot (appears) • Strange Magic (appears) • Path to Paradise (appears) • Drums of War (appears) • Eye in the Sky (will appear) • Metamorphosis (n/a) • Deus Ex Machina (n/a) • A House Divided (n/a) • Death Becomes Her (n/a) • Why We Fight (n/a) • Harvest (n/a) • Spark of Hope (n/a) • Houston, We Have A Problem (n/a)|
Alan and Vera are co-workers at the NDSA (National Deep Space Agency). They are first seen interacting in 1.01 Awakening when Vera arrives at a research station 80km west of Socorro, New Mexico where Alan is waiting. While discussing the meeting their computer picks up the incoming meteor. Alan is inside the van while Vera goes outside to watch the 'meteor' land. When Alan steps outside he sees that Vera has passed out and runs to her, only to find she has no pulse. Vera wakes moments later and Alan is notably relieved. He begs her to rest but she wants to investigate the object which lands so he goes with her to the impact site. When they reach the impact site they find a huge smoking crater. Before they are able to investigate fully the Army shows up and quarantines the area. After being told to leave, Alan and Vera drive back and Alan shows Vera he kept a piece of rock from the impact site. He tells her he is worried about her and asks if she wants him to drive her home. She declines and they go their separate ways. In 1.02 Strange Magic Alan calls Vera to tell her that they have been fired. She tells him that she is on her way home, however, she gets caught up with Joshua and their 'mission'. After leaving Joshua Vera calls Alan to tell him she is on her way back again, only she is interrupted when the man from Joshua's vision is hit by a bus in front of her.
The Man and Vera are first seen interacting in 1.01 Awakening. The Man is waiting in Vera's house. He shows her a laptop which has footage of Vera's kidnapped son playing soccer.
- Previously known as Vera Ivanov, the character's name was updated in October 2014 to Vera Buckley.